Come see us...

Goree is a quaint, quiet town with easy access to the lake, guided hunting/fishing, hunting lodges, RVing, camping and extremely affordable real estate for your very own hunting headquarters. Finally, Goree has the last stop for bait, beverages and snacks before heading to the lake, Millers Creek Reservoir.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Destination Signage

I talked to TxDOT yesterday about a Miller Creek exit sign for the new highway. As of yesterday, I was a little bit discouraged because the guy thought it was "unneccessary signage", his words. He went on, "I thought we bypassed that town." Well, huh, yeah ya did! But...there hasn't been much here in a LONG time, but we are still the most accessible route to the lake.'

In a stooper to regain my footing, I reminded this man that if vacationers or retirees were to move, even if temporarily, into this area that they would need food, gas, lodging and possibly pay taxes. He stated, "You've obviously done your homework and I'll see what can be done."


I called back this morning and he said that upon discussion with 'so-in-so' they were checking the 'book' on it. He also stated that they were looking at it from the standpoint that it was a destination sign with a public purpose. Sooooo, we may get our sign after all. Keep your fingers crossed. Well actually, I checked The Book on it too and It says "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." John 14:14 So? Ask.

No comments: