Come see us...

Goree is a quaint, quiet town with easy access to the lake, guided hunting/fishing, hunting lodges, RVing, camping and extremely affordable real estate for your very own hunting headquarters. Finally, Goree has the last stop for bait, beverages and snacks before heading to the lake, Millers Creek Reservoir.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's still there~

Well, I made a boo-boo. I am NOT in the habit of sharing gossip and I'm sure NOT in the habit of even sharing bad news. I am actually an optimistic of the extreme-kind. I think one would call that an idealist, the opposite of realist.

My blub was sharing negative information in the essay for this grant that would shine light on the problems in our hometown. I should NOT have written on hear-say. But, I should have still been honest about our problems. Yes, a father did get in legal trouble because of a drug plant, etc. Yes, he has teenagers. What he shared about the situation was not shared first-hand to me, so I shouldn't have shared it. I was completely, utterly wrong about assuming it was the teenage athlete that won state because it wasn't. And I am deeply sorry for shining a negative light in that direction.

I have tried VERY hard to right my wrong. Emails, phone calls, etc. I've tried to edit the essay, even delete the project completely. It's still there!

When Kent and I became aware that there even was a drug problem in our hometown, we began to pray. My prayer, specifically, has been that the Lord would shine a light in the dark areas of our town. My family has certainly NOT been exempt of these issues and it broke my heart. Just as my heart breaks for the kids of this town. If people need help, then my church family will willingly help.

No comments: